Sunday, April 26, 2009

THE AMERIAD - Book I. Section 1.1: The Devotion •



THE AMERIAD - Book I. Section 1.1: The Devotion •

I haven’t led an extraordinary life. My misfortunes up to this point have been simply due to random acts of occurrence. As I am stranded on this desolate plane of existence, I write in the hopes that my words will transcend past death and enter into the realm of perpetual eternity. The only relics of humanity that remain are an old ship, ‘The Devotion,’ which has veered off course and met its untimely death upon the jagged rocks of this unknown tropical harbor and my soak ridden wooden chest filled with intellectual books, empty moleskin journals, quills and ink fountains; which were meant to be utilized during my study on ‘The Grand European Tour,’ however, destiny has prevented this and now these pages will be filled with words pertaining mostly to my adventures against the Royal Navy, pirates, storms and my untimely stay here. It has been five days since I have buried the last members of my forsaken crew in their hollow, sabulous graves. They too have met their fates on this credulous journey and now reside in the house of death. Before darkness covered their gaunt eyes, I was the only gentleman who became unaffected by ‘The Poseidon Plague.’ Well dear reader, that is neither here nor there, as night falls upon the sea and hunger attacks my abdomen, I will release this quill and venture forth towards the sweet embrace of slumber. My fateful canine Argos, the only other sole survivor of this terrible plight, will keep watch as I close my eyes in a few moments. However, I must warn you, from time to time, I will veer from auto-biographer to narrator. This is done out of my pure devotion towards poetic license and not sheer madness arising from isolation. Thus, from this point forward I bring you, an odyssey.

Ever since breath has controlled my being, which has been approximately seventeen years and several months, I have been called Americus Crompton. The short length hair upon my head is of a sandy, rose colored hue and the eyes inside my skull are brownish green; a trait which I inherited from my... - a.j.g

No comments:

Post a Comment